Think Square. We’re L7 Creative, an award-winning digital brand engagement agency, with new offices located in the vibrant and creative community of Carlsbad, CA. We’re slightly irreverent, a little edgy, and extremely passionate about growing our clients’ brands. We believe in an open and creative environment – no cubicles here. Our Blockheads (as they are affectionately known), have mad skills, are easy to get along with, and make our clients happy every day with their up-beat, positive personalities, and “can-do” attitude. All of which helps us create award winning and effective advertising solutions. Here’s where you come in – we’re looking for just the right person to become our new Interactive Designer. Think you might have what it takes? Read on.
We are looking for an Interactive Designer who has a vision for greatness and enjoys all aspects of interactive design. Our candidate must be the type of designer who likes to take initiative and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. The Interactive Designer will work on all aspects of design projects, which includes: developing designs from conceptual mockups to working closely with our creative team to develop ideas that will integrate the latest technology into the design process. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to communicate design visually and verbally, and qualify design decisions.
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or web design. Must have superior knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and extensive experience in website design. The ideal candidate should have 2+ years experience designing web-based interfaces and interactions, as well as a demonstrated ability to either follow or define a web interface style guide. Experience with mobile app and mobile web site design a plus. Must possess a strong technical background, diverse web-based portfolio that showcases your work. Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centric design process. Must be a self-motivated, effective problem solver who can prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships with excellent presentation and communication skills. Works well in a team environment and have superb attention to detail.
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centric design process.
- Self-motivated, effective problem solver who can prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment and have superb attention to detail.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of employment as a web designer, interactive designer, digital designer or similar role.
- Degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media, Web design or other related discipline
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign – Edge Tools and After Effects is a plus)
- Strong design skills including Typography, Layout and Color Theory
- Solid understanding of web usability
- Must have good time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with social media utilities (Facebook, YouTube, etc)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
Submit your cover letter, resume, work sample or portfolio or working examples and salary history to Careers@L7Creative.com. This is an immediate opening for a full-time position with outstanding benefits. Applications submitted without work samples or a portfolio link will not be considered.